- King's Speech is a good and worthy film, but I really wish True Grit would've gotten some love.
- Whomever the male host was, he acted and looked stoned out of his mind...until, halfway through, it looked like someone had given him amphetamines.
- I really enjoy watching the Oscars. I don't care about the telecast in the slightest, really...but it's a wonderful excuse to have friends over, eat good food, and have a great time.
- The thing that bugs me most about the Oscars is the self-important "why does anyone watch this?" whining I hear online. I hear the same thing about the Super Bowl...which also bugs me. Hey, it's not a point of honor to not like something. It's not even a good conversational starter.
- I really, really, really hated the attempts to make the Oscars look hip...all of which boiled down to "oh, did you know there's such a thing as Twitter?"
- Do we really need to hear all the original songs? If you're gonna force us, then you should also, for the "best score" award, play every single second of every score.
- I really do not like how the presenters of each of the best acting awards directly address the nominees...it seems creepy and voyeuristic.
- If I was one of a few people to win an award, and if my co-winner hogged the mic the entire time, I would punch them somewhere very painful.
- If I was a winner of one of the minor awards and was only given 23 seconds for my speech, I would find the actor who was allowed to ramble for five whole minutes and punch them somewhere very painful.
- How depressing must it be to have to play the "we're glad you won, but shut up, so we can bring on someone else" music?
Monday, February 28, 2011
my random 83rd Oscar observations.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
hi, new to the site, thanks.
Post a Comment