- take a double dose of some generic ibuprofen variety
- place three ice cubes in a cocktail glass
- add one measure of Tennessee whiskey (although rye or bourbon would do in a pinch)
- add one half measure of triple sec
- top with a good ginger beer
- hope the concoction quells the aches in your torso
For the second go-round (hey, the recipe only uses half of the ginger beer...I have to make another!), as the original drink used up all my Tennessee whiskey, I was moving to rye....although I wasn't singing "this will be the day that I die" or indeed anything else. I decided to similarly replace the triple sec with some strawberry liqueur. The resulting variation? I call it The Ice Pack.