This semester, however I got a literature class. It was only the second time it happened...and I only was assigned this class when one of my other classes got cancelled. Rather than doing an organizing theme, I decided to just load it up with stuff I wanted to read...so that was cool. We've had:
- The Hunger Games
- World War Z--Terkel meets Romero!
- Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom--this was the surprise of the semester, as it's both a monstrously fun read and brimming with ideas all at the same time
- Gun Machine--Warren Ellis brings his fiction mastery to prose. All cop thrillers should be this much about information
- 1984--while I've been a big fan of Animal Farm, I had never gotten around to this
- Glasshouse--perhaps the biggest head-spinner
- a ton of cool short stories, including stuff from Gaiman, Zelazny, McCarthy, Welty, Assimov, Clarke, Sheckley, O'Brien, and tons more.