a blog dedicated to neat stuff I found online...but maintaining more than one blog and getting anything done turned out to be a herculean task. But I've found I can do one blog just fine, particularly now I've quit social media. Seriously, I did more posts last month than I did in the whole of 2012. So I've decided to just post a more-or-less weekly roundup of all the neat things I've run across during the week. I'm gonna call it "The Weekly Lynx" (get it? see the photo? get it?) This week's entries:
- Warren Ellis, "Rocket Pistols of the 20th Century"--because all good fiction has more than just a surface.
- "And the Other Way is Wrong"--a brief analysis of David Fincher's directoral craft, which is a must-see for anyone interested in visual art.
- "A Brief History of 'Satanic Panic' in the 1980s"--I remember seeing religious protestors at most of the concerts I went to when in High School...but it was much worse in some places. While it was bigger in the 80s, Marilyn Manson fans in the 90s saw a bit of this as well.
- "Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'"--Alternate perspectives should always be welcome.
- Warren Ellis, "A Suit of Capitalism"--As I get older, I find myself getting more and more radical in my politics...so this is particularly relevant for me.